Menu

What would you do

Night Elf

with a box of Chemistry supplies no longer being used? My son just finished his Chemistry class with Keystone High School. The box is the same size as what a case of paper reams come in. We have no learning guide to go with the stuff. It was all online. There are even bottles of solutions (whatever they all are). I do know a homeschool organization that offers classes. They have a curriculum room which I guess is selling stuff on consignment. Can I sell this kit? I didn't know if it would be a problem since it's got real stuff in it and not just plastic beakers, and of course no instructions on how to use any of it. And how do I know a fair price? I've not seen anything comparable.

Are the chemicals at least labeled?

Yes. There is a supplies list for the box too, so someone could look it over and know what's there. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of asking the homeschool organization if I can sell it there. I thought about tossing the stuff, but 1) it's a waste, and 2) I'm not sure of how to dispose of the chemicals. We had to use baking soda to neutralize an acid once. I'm not saavy enough to know what the rest of this stuff is.