Menu

Math Mammoth or CLE

chpiper

I have used CLE Math with three kids and have loved it, found it to be very easy to use and a very solid program that didn't require tons of time for either me or my student....But I bough Math Mammoth and have it sitting in my files...Never used it, it just has been sitting there...

I have an upcoming first grader and a very small budget...She's a very quick learner and I'm sure she will do well with either program...any input on using CLE again and cut costs somewhere else or give Math Mammoth a whirl...anyone compare the two?? 

Decisions...decisions...

I would think MM would work just fine. Why not do a little bit of it this summer to test it out with your dd before you decide whether or not to buy CLE again?  FWIW, I have used MM, but not CLE. 

Sue

Good suggestion...I think I will print out some and see if she likes it (or maybe if I like it...that's probable the case...lol)

If you've never used MM, I do think the "try it out" idea is a good one. It's quite a different style of math from CLE (from my understanding). I have a younger starting Singapore Math next month and my older 2 are using CLE - I love love CLE. I'm using SP because I think it will more closely fit the learning style of my DS but I know that *I* like CLE ;)  If you determine you really need to go with CLE, you could order just half the year now and half later when she's ready for it. I think ordering half the program would only be around $16 (if you already have the teacher guides from your previous kiddos).