Menu

Waldorf/Oak Meadow people- Favorite place to get Main Lesson Books?

birchbark

I use loose leaf paper, notebooks and anything else I can get at regular pharmacies, office supply stores, and department stores. I do use a special handwriting paper for some students, when they need it, and I have some.

I use regular crayons too. And students who want to draw outlines draw outlines.

I've studied a lot of Waldorf. Not nearly as much as some here, but enough to accomplish what I want to accomplish. I learned to take the meat and drop the details. The details smother the meat, in my opinion. Part of Waldorf is simplicity and using your environment. The specialty items have overtaken what is simple and plentiful for MY students.

I try really hard not to special order things and instead empower my students to thrive in their current environment, whenever possible.

Put it together yourself when done on separate paper--quality and type depending on what you are using it for (Watercolor needs something different than pencil, your child's needs and so on)--so that you can get "best work" as the final MLB to be saved.  They can have holes punched and be tied or otherwise put together.  So far as I know, that is usually "the real thing" as to what is done at a Waldorf.  Though I saw that students from my ds's former class last year seemed to just be using spiral bound notebooks for a lot of their work.