Menu

Flat Stanley Books

yucabird

We enjoyed the originals. The one recent spin off we tried was terrible by comparison. And I find it bizarre that they messed with the art since Stanley's image is so iconic what with kids doing flat Stanley exchanges.

But at seven, it's the chapter books age. Most of them aren't literary masterpieces and kids need to read this stuff to improve their fluency, so I'd just smile and give her one if its what she wants to read.

I am not sure if we are reading "originals" or not, but my kiddo has enjoyed all the books that come in the box set, and the I can Read Flat Stanley books. Those might be a little too kiddie for you though, but they are full color books with a much shorter story. We like the artwork, but I think it is the "new
 artwork. All the books that we have are the same style of Staney.

We are also going to be mailing our Flat Stanley around the world this year. Let me know if you would like to exchange Flat Stanleys!

I am not sure if we are reading "originals" or not, but my kiddo has enjoyed all the books that come in the box set, and the I can Read Flat Stanley books. Those might be a little too kiddie for you though, but they are full color books with a much shorter story. We like the artwork, but I think it is the "new

artwork. All the books that we have are the same style of Staney.

We are also going to be mailing our Flat Stanley around the world this year. Let me know if you would like to exchange Flat Stanleys!

Thanks, Cassafraz.  We're in Mexico and would love to exchange!

We're about to go on vacation, but I will either resurrect this thread or PM you mid-September, once we're back and in the swing of things.  

Thanks.  To start, I'm ordering a box set (which incls. Stanley, Flat Again).  If she wants more after that, I'll be happy to oblige (Well, Santa is  ;).). 

Knittingmamma, both of my girls really loved Flat Stanley, and I know they will be enthusiastic about showing any Stanleys which visit a good time.  I'll resurrect this thread with aim to organize an exchange mid-September.    

• 2 months later...