Menu

Anyone switch from LFC to Memoria Press for Latin?

Latin Alive is supposed to be the follow-up to LFC. We use Memoria Press and have never used Latin With Children. However, in case you're not already aware, both programs employ different methodologies for teaching Latin. The latest issue of "The Classical Teacher" has a short article about the different methods and why MP approaches Latin the way that they do. I don't see the article online by itself, but if you click on the current issue, it's over on page 5.

http://www.memoriapress.com/classical-catalog

Regardless, though, First - Fourth Form Latin is a complete Latin grammar course. And I'm pretty sure Latin Alive is as well. The LFC series, as well as Prima Latina and Latina Christiana, are primers. So, if you choose to switch, you haven't lost anything. Both Latin Alive and the Form Series can be done without any previous Latin if the student is old/mature enough to handle the work.

Latin Alive is supposed to be the follow-up to LFC. We use Memoria Press and have never used Latin With Children. However, in case you're not already aware, both programs employ different methodologies for teaching Latin. The latest issue of "The Classical Teacher" has a short article about the different methods and why MP approaches Latin the way that they do. I don't see the article online by itself, but if you click on the current issue, it's over on page 5.

http://www.memoriapr...assical-catalog

Regardless, though, First - Fourth Form Latin is a complete Latin grammar course. And I'm pretty sure Latin Alive is as well. The LFC series, as well as Prima Latina and Latina Christiana, are primers. So, if you choose to switch, you haven't lost anything. Both Latin Alive and the Form Series can be done without any previous Latin if the student is old/mature enough to handle the work.

I read that article. It's one of those that got me to thinking about if our current program was meeting our needs. I think I'll go back and reread that article.