Menu

Window Treatment to Keep Furniture from Fading?

Mom0012

I know this can be professionally done, but has anyone taken this on themselves? Or, if you did have it professionally done, was it expensive? I am going to buy some new furniture and I don't want it to fade the way my last sofa and loveseat did. We get a lot of light in our family room and there are two windows and a set of French doors there that I would want to have treated. TIA!

There's a stick on reflective film that you can buy by the roll at Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe that's what your thinking of? I don't know the brand name and I've never installed it myself, but our landlords did it on our windows to help with the energy bills during the summers. It looked easy enough, and I'm sure it couldn't have been too expensive.

There's a stick on reflective film that you can buy by the roll at Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe that's what your thinking of? I don't know the brand name and I've never installed it myself, but our landlords did it on our windows to help with the energy bills during the summers. It looked easy enough, and I'm sure it couldn't have been too expensive.

Was there a tint to the film? Could you tell it was on the windows?

Thx!

I know you can tell it's there from the outside. There's a bit of a reflective quality to it. I can't remember if it's noticeable from the inside or not. My kiddos are sleeping in there or I'd check for you. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow and post back.