Menu

IEW and amount of time/writing

I have a 6th grader that I'm thinking of starting in this program in the fall, probably the writing intensive course. Just how much time is involved with each lesson? He's had some dysgraphic/dyslexic issues. As I choose his other courses I want to plan accordingly so as not to overwhelm him.

Thanks.

(Thanks for the heads-up Marrayshire.)

Your title says "EIW" which is Essentials in Writing....Since you mentioned writing intensive course, I'm assuming you are meaning "IEW" which is the Institute For Excellence in Writing. Your title may not attract IEW users in this case. Thought I would give you a heads up! I was going to reply giving you information about Essentials in Writing b/c that is what we used this past year until I read your post.

You mentioned issues with dysgraphia/dyslexia. My son has those too. Do not hesitate to reduce assignments and expect to scribe for him.

We used a tutor with IEW this past year. We spent about four hours per week with IEW and that included one hour of teaching time. Monday was teaching, Tuesday was KWO day, and Wednesday the writing was completed. Corrections and rewrites were made Thursday and Friday. As the year progressed, the writing became much easier. The first three months were a hard slog for us.