Menu

Singapore Users...help!

I posted awhile back about the struggles my ds12 was having with Pre-Algebra. I am now looking at going back and re-mediating.

We have finished Horizons all the way through level 6. I am considering doing Singapore so he sees the same material but presented in a completely different way. I have seen that when the material he seemed to master in Horizons is presented differently, he can't do it...meaning he really didn't master it at all.

Anyway, I am thinking of going back to Singapore 5 to start. Thoughts? Do I need 5A and 5B Texbooks, Workbooks and both Home Instructor Guides? And is the Extra Practice book necessary? I wish they bundled what you needed. All this separate stuff makes me a bit crazy! ;)

If you go to 5, you would want the text, workbook, and HiG. I would recommend against the extra practice book. If you think additional practice on level is needed,get the tests and use them for practice.

IP books would give more practice and challenge.

I like the Standards Extra Practice book because it offers some textbook-type instruction pages for each section as well as problems. It might be a simpler and more economical way to review material he already has been exposed to but with the twist of using the Singapore method.