Menu

My husband rocks

mysticmomma

Feel free to add yours:

Yesterday DH told me he was down to 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants for work. We hadn't been to the dry cleaners in several weeks because we're broke. I reminded him there was no reason to use a dry cleaners since they aren't dry clean only, and offered to wash/iron his clothes. I felt this would be an act of love towards him. Instead, it was a very humbling moment for me. As I struggled to get out the "ring around the collar" on some of his shirts, and the dirt on the sleeves of his "dress" shirts, I realized how very hard he works for our family. It's not that I didn't know that he worked hard, but something about these stains just really drove it home. I don't know if he felt loved because I was willing to do that, or because I did it; but I certainly felt loved while I was doing this chore for him.

And...

He has decided he wants to handle science for the kids in the fall! Woot! I don't know if you remember, but I was struggling getting everything done (I'm in school full time, he works 3 on 3 off) and passing things off because my expectations weren't met. We agreed that he would not be responsible for math or LA because he just doesn't have the time to go through the curriculum and sit down with me and agree on our expectations for the kids. So, either I will have something self directed for them while I'm in school, or it will be a read aloud or something simple. For math it will maybe be some drill sheets or a few word problems. We were looking at Mr. Q Life Science and he said, "Hey, how about I do that?" So, I printed it all off, and he's been reading through it to be prepared for the Fall.

Like I said... he rocks!

Thank you ladies for the suggestion on my other thread that we split up some curriculum. That really helped us trouble shoot this without fighting. :)

Very sweet story, and great reminder that the smaller details really do matter :)

My husband would polish his boots every weekend, and without fail he'd always do my grandpa's dress shoes, too. What makes this such a sweet memory for me is that I had no idea until years later when my dad brought it up at grandpa's viewing. My husband was downrange and unable to make it home for the funeral; grandpa's shoes reflected as much ;) LOL.

Here's to celebrating wonderful spouses!