Menu

Can LL1 be done independently with the online videos?

Mommy7

While trying to figure out how to get Latin to actually happen at my house, I realized I own LL1 and that now there are videos of each and every lesson online!!!! That is very exciting to me. They are very well done, imo.

My dc will be 6th, 7th & 8th next year that would be using it. Could that be done pretty much independently? I love the length of the lessons, too! Short and sweet! So, all I would have to do is grade the worksheets and help with struggles? I can do that! :lol:

If I go that route, are there videos for LL2? And then what do you do after LL2? First Form?

Thanks so much! It's that time of the year when I feel like I am all over these boards (like everyone, I guess) trying to make decisions for next year. Thanks for your patience!

Blessings!

You get access to the videos with the course. My older Dd is doing Ll2 now and had been working independently since about 1/3 rd of the way in to ll1. I did the flashcards with her, but the rest was all her.

There are no videos for ll2 yet, but then the videos for level 1 weren't added until we'd finished it.

I know...I kind of wish the answer key link was in a separate place. I guess I'll need to check his work to remove temptation.

I think it could work, though, for the age range I'm thinking.

We have First Form also. I guess I'll let him look at both and see what he thinks.

I wonder if she is in the process of making the LL2 videos?

I emailed Catherine Drown about LL2 videos. She plans to do them this summer and have them up and running by August! She also is going to be writing a Big Book of Lively Latin 3!!! I'm excited about all this because it means that maybe we can just stick with her program!

I also asked her if there was a way to make the online answer key unavailable to the student. I'll post when I get the answer to that one. That's probably a harder one to answer because I am sure there are buyers who would prefer for it to be available. We'll see what she says.

Why don't you just download the videos to your computer? Then kid can watch them without access to online answer key.

I use a Firefox add-on called Download Helper. I'm sure there are others as well. I downloaded all the videos the first time I was finally able to access them.

Great idea! I would never have thought of that in a million years because I suffer from technological dysfunction! :lol:

Could I also download the audio files that have the vocabulary pronunciation on it?

Thank you!

Yes, you can download everything! :)

For the audio files and pdf files, click on the link, and it will take you to a new page with the audio player or pdf embedded. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there's a direct link to the file. Right click on that link and save it. No plugins required for those.

Let me know if you need me to walk you through the video downloads.