Menu

How to determine data plans?

Joker

We're going to be upgrading our cell phones this summer when our current contract expires. We will probably all be purchasing iPhones. I have no idea how to determine how much data we need. Dh will use his mostly for work so will be emailing and messaging a lot. Both dds will use it mostly for texting, music, and apps. I will probably just use it as a phone and browse here and there.

I know we won't need that many minutes based on how much we use now. Most of our calls are to other cell phones and they don't count against us. I know we will need unlimited texting based on how much dh and oldest dd use it. I do not know how much data we need for all the other stuff though and am worried about using too much/going over. Help!

It really depends on how often you use it. We have 4G, but 2G would be enough. But the price difference between 2G and 4G was only $10 a month, so we went with 4. We weren't sure how much my dh would need for work.

The phone co told us we could always increase the Gig amount. It's easy, and there were no penalties for going over your limit (they would charge you for another Gig and notify you). But you have to check with your cell phone carrier on how their policy works. We have Verizon.