Menu

Proof of Grade for AAU Basketball?

Hi,

My son is participating in a 2nd grade AAU basketball tournament this month. He is required to show Proof of Age and Proof of Grade to play. I have his birth certificate for the Proof of Age, but I'm not sure what to submit for the Proof of Grade. Has anyone created their own report card for this requirement? Any other ideas? I'm sure we're not the first homeschoolers to play AAU!

Thanks,

Wendy

Not AAU basketball but I have had to go through this for other sports tournaments. I just created a student ID card for DS that included his grade. I have to confess that I am a bit confused by the proof of grade requirement for a summer tournament. School year, I can see to a certain degree though every other sports tournament has divided kids by age with strict date of birth guidelines. But to ask for proof of grade for a summer tournament when kids are not in school seems a bit odd. I would contact the coach and ask for clarification on that requirement, if the coach is unsure I would contact the tournament organizers or the governing body and ask for clarification and what they want to see.

I have provided proof of grade for PS basketball and AAU basketball many times, though never in 2nd grade. :closedeyes: For the summer, you just want an end of year report. There are a number of homeschool report card templates on the web, just google it. I made my own in a word document based on templates I found years ago. PM me with your email address, and I'll send you some of mine if you like.