Menu

Chicago Area Hotel Help

MyLittleWonders

We are looking to be driving through Chicago this summer and are wondering about the following areas (we stay at Residence Inn type places because with food allergies, we cook our own meals):

O'Hare

Schaumburg

Bloomingdale

Naperville/Warrenville

Lake Forest/Mettawa

We will be coming down from Minnesota and heading towards South Bend, IN, eventually onto Ohio, so we don't want to stray too far off of I-90 (I think that's the right one), or if we do, have easy access back to it. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!

Oh my gosh. Two weekends ago we had a dance competition in Aurora, Illinois, and stayed at the Hyatt House in Warrenville/Naperville. It was an absolutely beautiful place to stay. Full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove top, and quite the selection of kitchen utensils to cook with. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable away from home sleeping experience. The free breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever seen, though I don't know that you'd be able to enjoy anything with allergies. The pool area was lovely and had towels pool-side, and the exercise room was rather large and nicely updated.

We got a really good deal there through hotels.com. We would totally seek out a Hyatt House again if we had the opportunity. This was right off of I-88, and near 31 south. Not sure where I-90 is in relation.