Menu

Book Suggestions for Expressive Language Disorder or Dysgraphia

I'm looking to see if there is anything else I can do for my son. I'd love a book that gives support, but also one that gives some good advice on accommodations and therapies. He is 13 1/2, so we've already been through tons of therapies and he's actually doing pretty well. It's just every once in a while, I get a reality check on how much he's still struggling and I don't know what else to do to help.Thanks!

My boys are 12 and have severe speech apraxia. I also suspect we are dealing with dysgraphia. I found Dianne Craft's DVD, "Smart Kids Who Hate To Write" to be quite informative. I also purchased her Brain Integration Therapy Manual that addresses all kind of learning challenges. We've started the writing 8 exercises to address what I believe to be dysgraphia, and I'm trying to incorporate the different strategies from the manual into our school day. It's possible you may find these resources to be helpful.

The Landmark School in MA has publications (books) for about $25 that help teachers understand and help children with receptive and expressive language issues.

My dtr is almost 12 and still scores in the 1% range with expressive language issues. We are enjoying using EPS Writing Skills series (we are on book A).

The Landmark School in MA has publications (books) for about $25 that help teachers understand and help children with receptive and expressive language issues.

My dtr is almost 12 and still scores in the 1% range with expressive language issues. We are enjoying using EPS Writing Skills series (we are on book A).

Thanks so much. I will take a look at that right now.

My boys are 12 and have severe speech apraxia. I also suspect we are dealing with dysgraphia. I found Dianne Craft's DVD, "Smart Kids Who Hate To Write" to be quite informative. I also purchased her Brain Integration Therapy Manual that addresses all kind of learning challenges. We've started the writing 8 exercises to address what I believe to be dysgraphia, and I'm trying to incorporate the different strategies from the manual into our school day. It's possible you may find these resources to be helpful.

I've heard Dianne Craft speak before and really enjoyed listening to her. I've bought some of her products, but not that DVD, so I will have to check that out.

Thanks!