Menu

Mathletics discount through June 16

It's an online math program, with leveled tasks (gold bars) and live timed competition. It's also the software used for the American (and other country-specific) math challenge and the Math component of the world Education games. My DD really likes the live component, and it's nice to be able to customize her course of study so it focuses on what she needs,

. There are also a ton of printables.

It was discussed as part of a thread on online options awhile back, so I thought I'd post the deal when I got the e-mail today.

It's an online math program, with leveled tasks (gold bars) and live timed competition. It's also the software used for the American (and other country-specific) math challenge and the Math component of the world Education games. My DD really likes the live component, and it's nice to be able to customize her course of study so it focuses on what she needs,

. There are also a ton of printables.

It was discussed as part of a thread on online options awhile back, so I thought I'd post the deal when I got the e-mail today.

You can pick your child's grade and course, and then, within the course, go in an add/delete tasks, mark as completed, or assign them to where they have to be completed before the child can move on. I'm using the Singapore Standard middle school course for DD now since it's integrated math vs the US breakdown that she has in her other materials, which gives her different topics. You can change the course 6x/yr (as far as actual grade level etc) for a home subscription, and the assigning/mark as complete does not count as a change.

I don't know that it's the most rigorous math program, and it's definitely reinforcement, not teaching, but DD really likes it, and it seems to do a good job of giving her "cute" and "fun" while also giving her the higher level content, and as she moves into middle/high school content, something that still has cute characters and animations is helpful.

Dmmetler,

thanks!

I suddenly remembered having asked you this same question before :sleep: . I apparently keep going back and forth every couple of months :willy_nilly:. It could be great for my kids, it could totally flop. Some years they have been very active with the World Math Day games, other years not so much. Now my 4yo has joined us, a subscription for 3 kids is 99pounds, which is a lot of money. Ahhhh, the indecision.....

I don't know that it's the most rigorous math program, and it's definitely reinforcement, not teaching, but DD really likes it, and it seems to do a good job of giving her "cute" and "fun" while also giving her the higher level content, and as she moves into middle/high school content, something that still has cute characters and animations is helpful.

This I totally understand.