Menu

NROC questions

I am planning to use NROC physics next year for Ds 17. Going through the material today, there were several places that had a unit review but no unit test. Are these located somewhere else or is that something that I make up myself from the chapter tests?

Also dd13 wants to do the Biology. Is there much difference between the AP Biology and the Non-Majors Biology? Are they both High school level? At a quick glance, I do not see any tests in the Non-Majors Biology.

This is my first time attempting to use the NROC and I am not entirely sure I understand how it works.

Sorry, I can't tell you anything but can you tell me why you chose NROC? I am looking ahead - I am a non-scientific mom with a math/science foster daughter. She has done Earth Science with labs, Biology with labs, using secular books. We'll be doing chemistry (The Spectrum) this fall. But I have wondered what I will do for physics when the time comes. I do not like Apologia. I think it would be good for her to do something that is at least partly online, but I don't have a lot of money for it. So...what were your criteria and how do you feel that NROC fills them better than other possibilities?

I chose NROC for ds17 because he wanted physics and this provides tests and homework with answers. He is finishing Spectrum Chemistry this year and has done it mostly on his own, I assisted with labs and graded from the teacher's manual. I am not strong in science either, so I needed something that provides me with the answers. He has no problem with reading texts. I plan to print everything except the videos and do it as mainly an offline class.

I was going to put my daughter into a middle school biology with ds12, but she requested a high school level (she's going into 8th) so she can do more in high school. She is a self starter and very independent. I was able to find the book for $10 on Amazon, so told her we can attempt it, and go back into the middle school level if it proves too much.

After starting to print some of the chapters, the unit reviews were on the AP biology, not the physics, so I was wrong about that.