Menu

Great copywork book!

Bula Mama

I've been using a copywork book that's free at lulu.com put together by Kimberly Garcia (part of the CW team?) with my 5yo. Another ds has just started using another of her other copybooks and I've got to say they're just GREAT!

http://www.classicalreadingandwriting.com/

I'm going to be using WWE with my 5yo and have wanted to implement something similar with my 10 yo (who's a delayed reader). These copywork books fit the bill really well and then I will be doing narration with him from either 'The Aesop for Children' or 'Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare'. However narration could easily be done from the stories that Garcia puts before the copywork lessons.

Thought I'd just suggest it for anyone else whose dc might not have a WWE workbook out yet suited to them!

Kimberly is wonderful to share all her hard wok with us. If you have an elementary student her Fun Spanish program is very good as well! My boys love it although we don't get to it as often as they would like but they have learned from it.

PS. I don't think she is part of the CW team though....unless something has changed that I don't know about :D which is possible of course!

Thanks Heather,

I'm really glad you liked the copybooks. But I wanted to make sure you know I am not part of the CW group. My books are strictly my own. When I decided to make them, I had listened to SWB's Writing CD. And based on what she said, I put my copybooks together for my kids. I couldn't handle another subject with 4 kids, so I decided to base them on history using public domain selections.

I do plan to use this with my son with WWE too. But from looking at the WWE textbook, I'll have to make up my own selections for sentences with abbreviations, months, and days. But I don't think that's too bad. Most of the other concepts are covered in there.

Just be sure to only have your child copy as much as he can take. My dd10 only just worked up to doing the full selections last year. My younger son much faster.

Hope it works for you!

Kimberly