Menu

Transcript help if you child also attended school while homeschooling

My dd is finishing up her Freshman year, and has decided to go to school full-time next year.

I have to provide the school with her Freshman transcript, and I think my question is simple: do I only put the grades from MY homeschool on there (along with her online classes), and do not make mention of the classes she took at the high school? I'm assuming she will have a transcript from them with those three classes on it (she took band, chorus, and PE).

OR, do I list them on her transcript with an asterisk and explain that these courses were taken at the high school and will appear on their transcript for her classes?

For example, under courses:

Math Grade 1.0 Credit

English Grade 1.0 Credit

Band Grade 1.0 Credit **

**taken at Local Public School

Or not list band, chorus, or PE at all (she gets 1 credit each).

OR, do I list them on her transcript with an asterisk and explain that these courses were taken at the high school and will appear on their transcript for her classes?

That's pretty much how I did it.

I listed all the courses taken each year, with symbols for public school and dual enrollment classes. On the transcript, I have a key that indicates those courses were taken either at Whatever High School or Whatever Community College.

I wouldn't explain anything beyond that. They'll figure out the rest.