Menu

Ancient Egypt - Are any of these books worth it?

I don't use a library so I have to purchase my books. I am curious if any of these are worth. I am thinking I would like at least one, but which one would be the best choice?

Pepi and the Secret Names

The Shipwrecked Sailor

The Riddle of the Rosetta Stone

Seeker of Knowledge

TIA :)

I've looked at The Shipwrecked Sailor, but none of the others, so I vote for Shipwrecked sailor.

The one good thing about it, if this helps, is that it gives the hieroglyphs and some more information about the story. So after reading the story you can go more "in depth" if you want.

Plus, it is based on an actual ancient Egyptian story. :thumbup1:

Riddle of the Rosetta Stone was good. I used it with my now middle school kids last time we did ancients. It tells the story of the stone and it's translation. It's more of a chapter book. The other three are picture books.

If I had to pick only one I'd need to know the age of the kidlet. I bought Riddle of the Rosetta Stone for my rising fifth grader. He likes interesting technical information better than colorful illustrations. His history program has a hieroglyphs project for him to play with, or I'd also get him one like Pepi.

For first or second grader Seeker of Knowledge looks like the better fit. The other two books seem somewhere in the middle.

Edited by SilverMoon