Menu

Hello from San Francisco!

Hi Everyone-

My name is Heather and I have 3 kids (10.5, 8 and 5). We are native Texans trying to make our way in California. It has been a fun but challenging experience getting used to living here.

I kind of thought we might be classical homeschoolers but the deal was solidified when I read TWTM. I am a former teacher with 2 degrees in education. After my children started public school, my eyes were totally opened to things I hadn't realized when I was teaching. We are now wrapping up our 2nd full year of homeschooling!

I was referred to this forum by other moms at The Homeschool Lounge and the TOS Review Crew. I am so thrilled to be here. I feel like I've found my people.

Heather

Hi Heather! We live just over the bridge, in Marin. Pm me if you want some contacts for people in the city to connect with. I have a friend who also moved (intentionally!) from Texas to SF a few years ago. I'm sure she could help you get settled.