Menu

Any new chicken ideas out there?

KatieJ

Guest coming for dinner, so that makes 3 of us. I am leaning towards a chicken dish that looks and tastes like I was in thekitchen all day, but in reality I want to go have coffee/lunch with a friend, so that limits prep time.

I do have a freezer full of beef, some pork and some italian sausage.

I have some chocolate/peanut butter ice cream and am thinking of baking a cookie to go with it. Any ideas?

I made this General Tso Chicken for the first time last night. It was pretty quick and tasted pretty good. I halved ginger and the sugar (and everyone thought it was still sweet), and I used granulated garlic instead of fresh.

If you have ground beef in the freezer than this Korean Beef is delicious!

Cookies & ice cream are always delicious! :drool5:

Last night I put chicken legs in my cast iron pan, and then on it drizzled some olive oil, oregano, garlic, etc. Threw a bunch of grape tomatoes and feta on top, as well as a glass jar of kalamata olives, including most of the brine. Cooked til brown. Super easy one dish meal. You could serve quinoa or rice, etc. to soak up the juices if you wanted to. We just eat it without a grain. Ridiculously easy.

Thanks for the ideas. Korean beef looks really good! I don't have legs or whole chicken, just boneless skinless breasts.

Any other ideas?

What kind of cookie should I make to go with chocolate ice cream? Gingersnap? Plain ole sugar? Can you tell I am totally uninspired this week.

I've got nothing this morning on chicken, but I'd love some home-made sugar cookies.

My in a pinch chicken is to cook it under salsa. It's tasty and easy to make a number of different meals out of it.

(Disclaimer...I haven't eaten meat in a few years, but I do still cook it for the guys here.)