Menu

SAT Exam Secrets Study Guide? Have you used this?

I just found this web site advertising the SAT Exam Secrets Study Guide. Has anyone ever seen this or used this? I want to make sure that it is legitimate before I spend 60.00. I have the Blue Book but that doesn't really teach any short cuts or "tricks".

Also, is anyone having their students take both the ACT and the SAT? Does it make any sense to take both? We live in Wisconsin and most everyone here does the ACT but I would rather have her take the SAT. She took the ACT today as "practice"-she is 10th grade. But I think I want her to focus more on the SAT. Ok I am rambling......

pam

I would suggest she take "real" practice versions of both the ACT and the SAT at home and see which one she scores better on and focus on that test. The SAT is not better than the ACT - one doesn't impress more than the other, it is just a matter of what of what gets that individual student the highest score.

I haven't seen that prep book, but personally I'd be wary of anything that claims to have "secrets" because the information about how to improve scores isn't really secret.

• 2 months later...
Guest pawank

I had used SAT Exam secrets  study guide and i will will depends upon to you how you throughly use this .if you dont use it properly

it is just a wastage of money for you.

I score good score in the SAt exam in first attempt by using SAT Study guide

SAT sTudy guide includes every thing that required for SAT Exam preparation .

My guys do both the SAT and ACT, mainly because they don't have many outside class grades, and the extra objective scores help support the mommy grades.

I don't know anything about the "SAT Exam Secrets" that you mention. And I firmly believe that the best prep is practice. The more familar the student is with the particular kind of question the tests ask, the better.

Unlike some posters, I do think there are "tricks & tips" that can greatly improve a student's score. The tests are really like a game, and when you know how it's played, you have a better chance of "winning".  I wouldn't invest much money in guides, because as Dot says, so much information is available for free online. One example: http://blog.pwnthesat.com/  (I do actually have this kid's prep book for the math SAT, but there is alot of great free advice on the website.)