Menu

Need book suggestions for my teenage daughter and myself

This past year we have entered completely new territory with my dd13. The teen years are so different! She has discovered boys and has had a couple of crushes. She has also had the influences of a girl at our co-op that I didn't know until yesterday had previously gone to public school. I was talking to a few moms who attend our co-op and we were discussing how the teen this year were acting very differently from years past and we can to the conclusion it was from the influence of a few new students who had previously gone to public school. None the focus of the teens seems to be talking about the opposite sex, and how likes who etc. Which I know can be typical of this age and a lot of people won't think it's a big deal but for our group it is. We are a very conservative christian group and it's not ok for our teens to be going down this road. We will be having a meeting with parents and students before next year discussing this and also changing some rules.

I also feel my daughter distancing herself from me and our family. Which i know too can be just the age and that teenagers need there space. I understand this but I also don't won't her to go to far. So ideas on helping us reconnect would be great. I was also wanting some books I could read with her or she could read on her own about peer pressure and about the season of life she is going through right now. Also, anyone books for me to help guide her and help me understand her more would be great!

Thanks!