Menu

Cherry Hill, NJ

I am not sure about directly in Cherry Hill, but I do know that the Gloucester County Homeschoolers Association is rather large.

Welcome to NJ, are you *sure* you wan to be here? Just kidding; NJ is a great state to home school. Not so great for some other things, but great for home schooling.

What state are you coming from?

~coffee~

Here are some groups I've heard of near Cherry Hill:

Tri-County Homeschoolers (if they are still around??)

Chaplet (Catholic)

Living Waters Home Educators lwhe.org. Medford area. Seems very active with activities and coop. Moms seem very nice.

H.I.S. Homeschool Coop meets in Mt. Laurel. I think they have a website, too.

Generally, there are TOO MANY homeschool activities going on. :)

You won't be too far from Philadelphia, and I know that the art museum offers homeschool classes on a regular basis. I think Franklin Institute and a few other places offer some classes as well, so you may want to check on it. You won't be far from there when you live in Cherry Hill.

One hint, though -- if you want to do classes at the museum, definitely purchase a membership. I'm pretty sure the family membership is only around $125, and it's well worth it.

• 1 month later...

Living waters is a support group and a co-op, co-op now meets in shamong which is probably 20-30 minutes depending on which part of cherry hill you will be in. There is also a wonderful group called higher ground - not a co-op or a support group - you pay people and they teach your middle - high schoolers. Great for science, writing and math (if you use Saxon), other courses offered too.

There are a couple of wonderful theater groups, homeschool band, excellent art classes, voice lessons, etc. there is a tri-county sports league for girl's and boy's basketball, baseball and softball. Lots if soccer including Indoor soccer.