Menu

Can I password protect individual apps on my iPhone?

Seasider

If you go to Settings>General>Restrictions you can restrict certain apps, but from what I see I don't think you can do that with mail.

You could put your phone in airplane mode which will not allow wireless capability when your child is playing on it.

Okay, I don't want to jailbreak it. That would mess up a future upgrade, I'm guessing.

I think I'll have to wait and ask my teens about the app to hide apps from parents. Bet they know about that.

In the meantime I will experiment with airplane mode and look through the settings again.

Thanks!

Does the iPhone have the guided access thing that the iPad has? I know on the iPad, I can set it so the person can't leave that particular app without entering a passcode -- not sure if the iPhone can do that or not.

Google says it can: http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/25/enable-guided-access-ios/ No jailbreaking needed. So you can't password protect certain apps, but you can lock a child into one specific one.