Menu

?? For anyone that has taught Apologia Biology....

I am head of a co-op and someone new is teaching the class, I need to buy supplies that the co-op can keep and reuse (the former teacher owned everything) All we have is a nice microscope that the co-op bought a while ago and 1 dissecting kit (which I have no idea if this is just the tools, or everything that would be needed to dissect something) Can you tell me, what all I should plan on buying? I would like to start looking, I know I can get dissecting tools on e-bay for a lot cheaper. I will have the teacher take care of the specimens to dissect, I'm looking for what I need to buy and reuse when we offer the class (which is on a rotating schedule with Chemistry.)

Thanks,

Pp

Look at the supply list. You will want to buy the slides that go along with it. You might want to switch the order of the last three units, so that you can have better access to flowers and leaves. If you have a large enough class having an extra microscope would be beneficial and an extra set of slides to go with it, this will help speed up looking at slides, which are majority of the experiments. You may also want to get another set of dissection tools and a tray. Also, purchase some magnifying glasses.

The other items are consumable for the most part. To help keep down costs you could have the parents sign up each month to being the different consumable supplies.

You might also, want to have the students to buy the graph paper notebooks to use for their lab notebooks.

They could use this for labs and drawings of the different figures in the text to help them cement the ideals.