Menu

Differences in OM Editions

Shahrazad

No, I don't believe it uses the Grimm's tales (although I think most of that is in the 'first grade fairy tales' book which I am getting the current edition of). I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a difference in content large enough to warrant finding a newer syllabus for twice the price.

Does anyone know if the newer version incorporate the readers (Frog and Toad, Little Bear, Mouse Soup...etc) into the actual syllabus activities or if they are just for additional reading? I'm just trying to figure out how much I'm missing (especially in that regard).

The new fairy tales appear to be the same as what is advised reading in my syllabus for 1st grade. I'm thinking maybe, as you mentioned, the science and social studies were more in depth but I don't really think that is a deal breaker since I planned on supplementing with SOTW, Evan Moor Geography, and BFSU/Elemental Science for 1st grade and am using Oak Meadow as more of a spine to branch out from.