Menu

What to do with sick little kids?

Aspasia

I feel like our family has been sick on and off this entire (eternal!) winter. We get better and then we go to church or hang out with someone and get sick. Then we stay home from activities and get better. Then we resume activities and get sick again! It's driving me insane.

But my bigger problem is what to do with these little stickies during the day. They love to read, so we cuddle up on the couch and read, but (and I know this isn't very homeschooly of me) I can only read so many picture books in one sitting. DD would happily sit through some longer read-alouds, but ds not so much. Under normal circumstances, there are lots of activities he'll do independently for awhile, but when he's sick, it just doesnt work. We normally limit screen time quite severely, but when kids are sick we are more lenient because they're miserable, sad, and whiny. I don't have a big problem with that except that they've been sick SO MUCH this year that I feel like I'm raising a couple little couch potatoes.

Help! Every morning, I wake up with a new resolve to avoid the dang television, but every afternoon by about 2-3, there they are again.