Menu

Can we use Classical Conversation CDs with non cc curriculum?

I've heard good things about Classic Conversations, but we don't want to go that route. I do think their memorization focus is good, so I'm wondering if anyone has used the CC CDs without doing the whole shebang - you know, just having it on while cooking, in the car, etc. We've had good results with a geography cd that lists countries/continents/etc to really annoying songs, but it works!

Thoughts? Opinions?

I use them without the CC community to match up with what we're learning. If you're going to have them as background "music", just realize not all of the sections are put to song. Some of the math and science doesn't. It certainly can't hurt. The songs they do have are annoyingly catchy and if you're not careful, you'll be unable to go to sleep because the history timeline is replaying over and over in your mind. ;-)

Beth

Can and do-I bought the old stuff when they revised it, and I use them on our carschooling playlists and the like. I will say that if you go this route, consider NOT putting them on shuffle-it can get really strange to hear the history sentences scrambled!