Menu

Completed Sing, Spell, Read & Write now what?

Sing, spell, read and write is a language arts curriculum. We've completed the level 1 combo which is supposed to for up to a first grade level.

Ah, thanks. I've been HS'ing several years and know lots of acronyms, but never heard that one. Since you didn't post the ages of your DC, I couldn't even make a guess. Sorry, no helpful tips - mine is past that stage, but hopefully bumping you and your changing your thread title will help! :coolgleamA:

I honestly have never used anything past the 1st grade level. Both my oldest girls could read fluently after that. My second daughter may have had a little more trouble but only because she can get in a hurry and guess rather than sound out the word. For practice, I had her read aloud to me. I love SSRW!

I honestly have never used anything past the 1st grade level. Both my oldest girls could read fluently after that. My second daughter may have had a little more trouble but only because she can get in a hurry and guess rather than sound out the word. For practice, I had her read aloud to me. I love SSRW!

So you did no spelling curriculum at all after?

Sorry! I thought you meant with reading. I started with FFL for grammar. Now they are taught grammar with their Latin instruction. I have not done much in the way if spelling. My second daughter does spelling with Memoria Press. My oldest is not a great speller so I should probably be doing something formally, yet she has made amazing progress on her own in just a couple of years. I will most likely use Spelling Power next year.

Hopefully some one else will chime in. There are many others here much more knowledgeable when it comes to spelling.