Menu

TOG Yearly Scheduling

matilda

When we did TOG Y2 we spent some extra time on the heavy weeks and only finished Units 1-3. So now we will start next year with Y2 Unit 4 and then continue to Y3. Will it be possible to condense weeks in Y3 or Y4 so that we can finish out in 2 years or should I plan more than 2 years to finish our rotation? Which year would be easiest to condense? I am only going to buy Y3 this year, so I won't be able to see it all in front of me and plan it all out in advance. I have LG, UG, and D students, if that makes a difference.

I am currently condensing Y4U3-U4. I did Y2U4-Y3U3 last year. This year I did Y3U4 and Y4U1-U2 as written before making the changes so that we are back to ancients next year. There is just a lot of information in Y2. :)

Thanks. I am glad to hear that I should be able to get back to ancients in a couple of years without too much hassle.

Unit 4 of Year 3 begins with a 3 week study of Africa, that you could skip or condense IMO. At the D level, we also spent about 3 weeks on Florence Nightingale and the Crimean War. That was another area that I thought could be condensed if necessary. We haven't gone through Year 4 yet, so I don't have any tips for that.

We are currently in year 4 and so far have only covered to WW2, which is Unit 2. We will discuss the civil rights movement and the founding of Israel, but after that I am going to leave the modern history alone. We talk a lot about politics, economics, etc, and my dh loves to teach ds about that stuff, so it will work out in the end. I am starting back at Y1U1 this summer.