Menu

U.S. Geography (Supplement?)

I am considering doing a U.S. Geography study next year. I'd like it to be maybe 1 day/wk, so not a full blown curriculum. What I envision is something where we would do a notebooking page each week that had a few facts about the state (maybe the flag, the bird, nickname, among other things). I'd also like to do some kind of mapping activity. Nothing too in-depth, but if it was laid out for me, that would be cool. I've looked at a few map resources that say they have notebooking pages, but they don't really have samples, so...I'm just wondering what you all would have to suggest. This would be mainly for my 3rd grade, with my 1st grader tagging along. I'd prefer the 1st-3rd age range, vs. a higher age range.

Thanks!

This is free and looks like it would work for you.

Traveling the States

If you wanted some picture books to coordinate with each state along with activities, I recently participated in a blog hop where bloggers from each state chose a different book to highlight something about their state. I will link you to my contribution (Arkansas), but the rest of the states are at the bottom of my post.

This is free and looks like it would work for you.

Traveling the States

If you wanted some picture books to coordinate with each state along with activities, I recently participated in a blog hop where bloggers from each state chose a different book to highlight something about their state. I will link you to my contribution (Arkansas), but the rest of the states are at the bottom of my post.

Wow! I am in awe that that is available for free! I just downloaded and I think it will fit the bill just perfectly! Thank you so much!

Wow! I am in awe that that is available for free! I just downloaded and I think it will fit the bill just perfectly! Thank you so much!

I know! When a friend pinned it on Pinterest I couldn't believe it either. I downloaded it a month ago and am planning on using it next year to add into some American history.

Glad I could help out!

Hmmm...I can't download this.

I had to register. Also, make sure you are careful which download button you choose. There's a small one right underneath the file that is blue with a little cloud on it. That's the one I used.