Menu

Singapore math, what all did you order?

My one son tested 1B and another son 2A, wondering what all I need.

Thanks,

Phlox

Given you are new to Singapore I would recommend the Workbook, Text and Home Instructors Guide (HIG) at a minimum. You might decided you don't need the HIG later, but it is nice to know it is there if you need it. I also has a schedule, the harder problems worked out step by step, and the answers to all the questions as well as some extra drill and activities that reinforce the concepts being learned.

The Word problems books work at the same level as the Primary texts, and is a good supplement. The Intensive Practice books take what is learned in the Primary texts one step farther. Many people who use them do so at a grade below the Primary texts the child is using, which also makes them great for review.

We hs year around so we don't have much problem doing all the books. I don't know how that would work on a traditional 36 week schedule. But your kids might not need the extra books. You can get started on the Primary and then make the call about the rest of the books later.

Heather

For each level we get:

1) text

2) workbook

3) Teacher's Guide (many people prefer the Home Instructor's Guide)

4) Challenging Word Problems

5) Intensive Practice

6) tests

However, we did not begin the CW, IP and tests until 2A/2B. We get those extra books for the same level as the text/workbooks; I have heard some people prefer them one level down.

Best wishes,

Lydia

My one son tested 1B and another son 2A, wondering what all I need.

Thanks,

Phlox

I ordered the workbook, textbook, Home Instructor Guide and challenging word problems. Depending upon how things go, I might add more practice. However, since we are using MUS, I hope that won't be the case.

Holly