Menu

How do you store school/office supplies

I was wondering how others store their school supplies and office supplies. We do school at our kitchen table or our living room couch. I have a linen closet designated for storing school stuff, plus a bookshelf by the computer in my bedroom. I need something that I can carry around to hold pencils/pens, crayons, colored pencils, stapler, paper clips, glue sticks, scissors, etc. I'm having a hard time visualizing something to hold that variety of stuff. I would prefer one big container that is easy to carry and will store on a shelf in the linen closet or on top of the bookcase.

Any thoughts???

I was wondering how others store their school supplies and office supplies. We do school at our kitchen table or our living room couch. I have a linen closet designated for storing school stuff, plus a bookshelf by the computer in my bedroom. I need something that I can carry around to hold pencils/pens, crayons, colored pencils, stapler, paper clips, glue sticks, scissors, etc. I'm having a hard time visualizing something to hold that variety of stuff. I would prefer one big container that is easy to carry and will store on a shelf in the linen closet or on top of the bookcase.

Any thoughts???

Workbooks are stored in a 7 bin plastic system next to my desk. The top has my lesson plans and "the bin" (pencils, scissors, crayons, etc). Remainder of supplies are stored in a closet under staircase. There's no perfect place for all the supplies. Like you, we school in the kitchen, living area, and dining room. Don't want stuff strewn throughout the house. DH wants our home to look like a home and not a school room.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I really liked the idea of a caddy. I went looking at our Wal-mart and found something great. It's actually a plastic tool box for about $6. It has storage in the lid (small compartments of varying sizes, which are holding, paper clips, hole punch, staple puller, white out, glue sticks), a pull out carry tray(holding some pens, pencils, highlighters, dry erase markers, etc.), with good space underneath (holding stapler, calculator, box of crayons, colored pencils, etc.). It will definitely hold all the stuff we use on a regular basis. I'm sorry I don't have a digital camera to put it on here, but I'm going to start another thread for buying one.

I did really like the over the door idea I read on another post, and may consider getting for my art supplies. Non-regular supplies are going into a small plastic tub in the linen closet or where I all ready have art supplies in my garage.