Menu

Do I need the TM for HWT My Printing Book?

AnointedHsMom

I just bought a used HWT My Printing Book for my little guy. Do I need the TM. I'm somewhat lost on what we need to do since I don't have a TM and haven't used the K level book with him. Do the new TM's still have daily lesson plans? I know the K one does. If they do maybe that would help give me some guidelines with his lessons each day.

What say you Hive?

The TM's do have a schedule. Whether you need it or not depends on how well you know the program and what you plan to do with it. Do you plan to use the manipulatives? Do you know how to use the activities, or do you simply plan to use the workbook?

I never used the first grade TM but I did use the K one quite a bit the first time through.

He's about to turn 7 so I don't really think I need the wood letter pieces. I was thinking about whether or not I need a chalk board or not. I might get the chalk board app for that if I do. I see in the book there is quite a few opportunities to practice in the gray blocks so I don't know what I need. I'm not overly familiar with the programs specifics. He's not really struggling with HW. I just need to give him some focused lessons and correct some minor problems with 2 of his letters.

The app only has capital letters FYI. We like it but really do wish it had lower case as well. For first grade we use the small slate and the double lined chalkboard. They practice using wet/dry/try and then do it in the workbook. We use more of the manipulatives for pre-k and K.

I never even realized the TM had daily schedules...that's how often I opened it! LOL I read the little blurb about proper posture and proper pencil grip at the beginning, and that was interesting. We also used a couple of the pencil exercises in the TM to correct my DD's grip. After that, I never opened or ordered another TM. All the necessary instruction is in the workbook. I also never bought the dry erase board or the other extras. We used a cheap chalk board from the dollar store and a bowl of salt. All my kids LOVE writing letters in the salt.