Menu

Lost Tools of Writing/Circe news....

Posting to alert anyone who is interested that Lost Tools of Writing 2 has been revised to make it simpler, more streamlined, and user friendly. I called Circe yesterday b/c I was trying to look at samples of LToW 2 and they had nothing on their site. I'm considering teaching a class, but I needed to see where level 1 is heading so I can decide if I'd need 2 levels taught. Anyway here is what I found out...

New samples and the new curriculum are scheduled to be on the site Monday. There will be a discount for current Lost Tools users. I think there may be a discount for those ordering early as well. No DVDs for LT2. Videos are going to be posted on the site for FREE! They want to keep costs down for users.

I don't know if you've noticed, but they also have free upcoming webinars and archived webinars dealing with aspects of LToW.

This is my second call to Circe and they are wonderful to speak with and so willing to help. I could not believe how easy they made it to upgrade my old copy of LTOW1 last year---and they didn't care what I did with my old copy. Other popular homeschool companies I've spoken to have not been as helpful. As an aside Classical Academic Press was also extremely nice to deal with--another company that upgraded a product for me for a very good price and didn't make me feel like they just wanted to sell me a bunch of stuff. Both companies answered lotsof questions throughly too.

Thanks!

I want to second the appreciation of how wonderful Circe is to deal with. I spent a good deal of time at their booth last year and never felt pressured to buy. David Kern, who staffed the booth, is a wonderful testament to homeschooling and Andrew Kern's curriculum. I told my husband that if that is the type of person this curriculum turns out I want it! (LOL--if only it was that EASY!)

SO excited about the LTOW 2 videos being FREE!

Thanks!

I want to second the appreciation of how wonderful Circe is to deal with. I spent a good deal of time at their booth last year and never felt pressured to buy. David Kern, who staffed the booth, is a wonderful testament to homeschooling and Andrew Kern's curriculum. I told my husband that if that is the type of person this curriculum turns out I want it! (LOL--if only it was that EASY!)

SO excited about the LTOW 2 videos being FREE!

Yes! I spoke with David too, and got the same impression. Contrast that with another company who refused to adjust the price on curriculum they put on sale just days after I purchased and could not answer my questions, didn't seem to be trying very hard. They gave me the general idea that they didn't want to be bothered with me ---all in a very sweet voice though. Then later I discovered, on my own, that they actually sell a book that would have answered my questions and solved my problem. I won't name names b/c I know people will be all over me and there will be posts about how they need to make money too, etc etc.. Anyway talking to David Kern was refreshing.