Menu

TOG users

I am thinking about using TOG next year and using the LLC for the on line courses. Has anyone here used the online courses and what did you think? Is there a particular teacher that you liked? Or didn't like? We will be doing either history or Lit for my 16 year old.-haven't decided yet.

Would love to hear any feedback.

pAM

Hi there! We've used LLC for two years, and it has been worth it's weight in gold.

My son took Rhetoric Lit (Year 4) with Lisa Schumacher and Rhetoric Writing (Year 1) with Schumacher/Whitney. Both teachers have been EXCELLENT. He has engaged in great discussion, had to adhere to deadlines, and improved his writing tremendously.

I did teach TOG History at home, so I didn't need to enroll in that concurrently with Rhetoric Lit. Just remember, they have to be studying TOG history at the same year-plan somewhere (home, coop, or online) in order to enroll in Literature. Hope this helps!

I haven't used the online lit but...

If you are considering TOG lit for next year you might take a look at this page and then search the books on Bookshelf Central for the year plan you intend to use. They seem to be in the process of changing books and requirements from what they were in the past. If you have been looking at an older copy of TOG you might find that some of the readings are different.

I've really enjoyed doing the discussions at D and R level in Tapestry. I would encourage you to consider this option as well. When I am only working with my own family, I really just pick up their scripts and go. When I work with other families, I do highlight the scripts in advance, marking both the questions I want to ask and the answers I am looking for.