Menu

Help me start labor...

bry's-gal

If you decide to try castor oil, don't take more than a tablespoon the first time. That way you can gauge how your body reacts to it. Also, it's a good idea to not do it too early. I would wait until you are overdue.

I took one tablespoon of castor oil shaken in root beer with my 4th son. I was having irregular contractions that weren't getting anywhere. Labor began 5 hours later and he was born the same day. My water was clear, there was no mec, and I had NO side effects at all (no diarrhea, etc.). I think the trick is to not take too much. There are some crazy recipes out there that suggest drinking 1/4 cup so don't do that!!

But I would much rather take castor oil than be induced.

Thank you for the hugs and encouragement- that is needed!

I'm still not convinced I want to try castor oil and hubby has asked me not. In a week, I might feel differently. The tip on only a tiny amount is good to know. I did pump some tonight. Fell asleep contracting but that is not abnormal. Still contracting several hours later but I still don't think it is labor.

My eldest just threw up everywhere so we are out sleeping on the couch. I'm waiting for the youngest to start throwing up and my water break- just to make things extra fun! :huh:

#2 were both a week late. With Matthew, I was having regular contractions for weeks. I would time them for a few hours....then get some water and go lay on my left side. Within an hour they were gone.

I sat on a yoga ball for a week. He was nice and low and my hips were nicely stretched when labor did start :)

My doctor stripped my membranes twice. I don't know that it did anything. I was at a 3 when she did it, three days later, still a 3 when she did it a second time. Then it was another 3-4 days before he was born.

We tried everything, but they just come when they are ready. Stay hydrated, eat well, and rest. I hope you don't have another 4 weeks :)