Menu

Apologia Who Is God?

Quiver0f10

We used it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I did not have ds do all the notebooking at the time (we only used the textbook, and handwriting was difficult for him), but we did get some good discussions out of the readings and questions. I like the multi-cultural elements to it, too. I had thought to use the sequel this year, but don't have the extra cash at the moment, and ds has taken to daily bible reading on his own (yay!).

Hopefully, you'll get some more experienced responses!

We used it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I did not have ds do all the notebooking at the time (we only used the textbook, and handwriting was difficult for him), but we did get some good discussions out of the readings and questions. I like the multi-cultural elements to it, too. I had thought to use the sequel this year, but don't have the extra cash at the moment, and ds has taken to daily bible reading on his own (yay!).

Hopefully, you'll get some more experienced responses!

Thanks!

We used it as a bedtime read aloud last year. It is a good tool for teaching the basic doctrines of Christianity--the trinity, nature of God, God's relationship with man, need for redemption, repentance, and (briefly) heaven/hell. They use a lot of scriptures throughout. It's easy to read and kid-friendly with stories interspersed throughout. We enjoyed it. Like the previous poster stated, I also found the multicultural aspect valuable. It uses stories about people with different worldviews to compare/contrast those with Christianity. It didn't go into tons of details but gave a very brief overview of other common worldviews--perfect introduction for kids.

We used it as a bedtime read aloud last year. It is a good tool for teaching the basic doctrines of Christianity--the trinity, nature of God, God's relationship with man, need for redemption, repentance, and (briefly) heaven/hell. They use a lot of scriptures throughout. It's easy to read and kid-friendly with stories interspersed throughout. We enjoyed it. Like the previous poster stated, I also found the multicultural aspect valuable. It uses stories about people with different worldviews to compare/contrast those with Christianity. It didn't go into tons of details but gave a very brief overview of other common worldviews--perfect introduction for kids.

Thank you!

We love it. I am about to purchase our 3rd year of it. It's important to note that it is a worldview curriculum, not a bible course.

But with that said, we have loved it. It's engaging and interesting with excellent add ons. There's the main text which teaches the main lesson, but interspersed are stories about realistic characters who are learning the actual lessons in the stories. Also interspersed are single pages highlighting works of art, music, fables, statues, which highlight the lesson. These always include beautiful full color photos. There are excellent discussion questions and notebooking suggestions if you desire.

The book itself is gorgeous with plenty of artwork, a strong spine and plenty of material to cover a whole year.

I would say the best age range is 2nd-6th grade, with 7th and 8th maybe being ok too if your child hasn't had much worldview discussion.

We love it. I am about to purchase our 3rd year of it. It's important to note that it is a worldview curriculum, not a bible course.

But with that said, we have loved it. It's engaging and interesting with excellent add ons. There's the main text which teaches the main lesson, but interspersed are stories about realistic characters who are learning the actual lessons in the stories. Also interspersed are single pages highlighting works of art, music, fables, statues, which highlight the lesson. These always include beautiful full color photos. There are excellent discussion questions and notebooking suggestions if you desire.

The book itself is gorgeous with plenty of artwork, a strong spine and plenty of material to cover a whole year.

I would say the best age range is 2nd-6th grade, with 7th and 8th maybe being ok too if your child hasn't had much worldview discussion.

PS Who am I? Definitely goes into more detail about other beliefs but not a ton. It's through stories. It's tactfully done, and leaves it up to the parent to point out the real differences between other beliefs and ours.

Thank you!