Menu

Need a new mop

boscopup

I had a Shark steam mop for a couple years and really liked it, but last time I went to use it, it exploded. I now realize I should have used distilled water instead of tap water (duh), but I still don't like the whole exploding thing... Thankfully, no one got hurt.

So I'm in the market for a new mop. I like microfiber/washable stuff. I use my own cleaning solutions. I have linoleum and hardwood. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, and I don't want to break my back scrubbing. No hands and knees scrubbing here. ;)

What do you all recommend? I hate mopping, and my floors badly need to be mopped right now. Very badly. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, and I cannot have a rolling mop wringer in the house - no room to store it (the lack of utility storage space in this house drives me nuts).

This is what I bought recently:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100069371?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1vZbvb3Z17z&R=100069371#.USy211rEpcs

Just a standard mop similar to a swiffer. But the mop head is washable not disposable. The kids clean the house and I asked what they would actually use. This is basically what they said. Then there isa sprayer with the cleaning agent in it that we mix up ourselves.

It's not going to be anything like your steam mop. There may be scrubbing on your hands and knees. But it also won't explode. That must have been scary!