Menu

Sociology and/or Psychology lesson plans

Melissa B

ETA: Sorry, meant to put this on the high school board!

Any recommendations for an at-home sociology or psychology program. It doesn't matter whether it is high school or college (AP) level. I am not looking for an online class. I have looked at the semester long Oak Meadow program for psychology. Any others?

My son used Sonlight's Psychology. He loved it! We ended up keeping the textbook, because it's so well written. After finishing the year-long course, he passed the CLEP exam in psychology and earned 3 college credits.

Here's the link: http://www.sonlight.com/590-00.html

Some families use it along with the AP prep books, as it is an AP level course. The text used is a college-level book, but it is very, very interesting. Let me know if you have any more questions about it! I gave ds 1 full high school credit for the course.

Yes, we're going to use the Sonlight course next year. I borrowed the book from a friend, and I agree that it is a great book. MUCH better than the book the community college uses IMHO. And every college we're looking at takes the Psychology CLEP, so hopefully it will be a win-win.

Yes, we're going to use the Sonlight course next year. I borrowed the book from a friend, and I agree that it is a great book. MUCH better than the book the community college uses IMHO. And every college we're looking at takes the Psychology CLEP, so hopefully it will be a win-win.

You won't be sorry!

After taking the Psychology CLEP, my son studied for, and passed, the Intro to Sociology CLEP. It's one of the easiest exams to pass, as so much information is intertwined with the Pysch CLEP guide.

Encourage your child to take the Sociology CLEP as well. The more college credits under the belt, the easier the college load!