Menu

Apologia Lapbooks & Journal, would both be too much?

Quiver0f10

We are currently doing the Anatomy / Physiology with the notebooking journals, Jr. for my dd 7 and the regular one for ds11. They have been a real asset to the experience. We have thoroughly enjoyed them. I wouldn't do both the lap books and the notebook journals have lap-book style activities in them as well as copywork, vocabulary review, study questions, etc. for each lesson.

We use the jr journal. I also purchased the lapbooks from AJTL (on sale they are quite inexpensive). At the end of a lesson, I pick a few of the lapbook elements and we glue them directly into our journal. There is usually room on the mini-book page for a few more, and there is usually a page we have not used (one of the the copywork pages). Best of both worlds for us.

We use the jr journal. I also purchased the lapbooks from AJTL (on sale they are quite inexpensive). At the end of a lesson, I pick a few of the lapbook elements and we glue them directly into our journal. There is usually room on the mini-book page for a few more, and there is usually a page we have not used (one of the the copywork pages). Best of both worlds for us.

I sooo, did not need to read this! :lol: I had myself completely convinced that I didn't want to do both. But I do like the idea of taking some and adding them to the journal. I had not even thought about that. Hmmm....

This year we are using both the lapbook and journal for Zoology 1. We are planning on doing that again for Zoology 2 next year. The activities are different, and my daughter likes the copywork and coloring pages in the journal the most, and the cutting and pasting type activities in the lapbook better than those in the journal. The journal usually has 1-2 mini-books per lesson, while the lapbooks have many more activities.

We read a section or two, then do the corresponding activities in both the jr journal and the lapbook. It works well for us, and is a nice hands on element after listening to me reading science to her.

Could you link me to AJTL I'm not sure what that is. Thanks!

Could you link me to AJTL I'm not sure what that is. Thanks!

A Journey Through Learning- here is a link to the Apologia downloads on their website. If you sign up for their email list you'll be notified of sales.

They can also be purchased through Currclick. They also go on sale there.

The last time I bought one it was $9, I think during Back to School.

Knowledge Box Central also makes lapbooks, they are a bit more pricey but I know they are well liked, I haven't used them.

A Journey Through Learning- here is a link to the Apologia downloads on their website. If you sign up for their email list you'll be notified of sales.

They can also be purchased through Currclick. They also go on sale there.

The last time I bought one it was $9, I think during Back to School.

Knowledge Box Central also makes lapbooks, they are a bit more pricey but I know they are well liked, I haven't used them.

Thanks!