Menu

Online shopping question

Spryte

If you had ordered a bed online, and the company sent a Fed Ex tracking number, plus gave a delivery date, and then the bed didn't arrive... so you called the company, got the runaround, then finally called Fed Ex to find that the bed never actually shipped...

And it's now been more than a 10 days since they said they shipped it...

Would you find it unreasonable to ask the company to cancel the order?

(Bed still has not shipped, company refuses to cancel order.)

They are refusing to cancel the order. They are insisting that they cannot cancel it, though it has not shipped, and they will ship it. They said I "cannot" refuse the delivery, and that I will have to return it - paying shipping etc, plus their return fees. The bed hasn't even shipped yet!

It's not a handmade, special order bed.

I *might* try calling the company once more, if I had been very understanding in our previous conversations, and give them an acidy southern version of how the proverbial cow ate the cabbage.

If that was not instantly sucessful, or if I had already been very frank with them, I would go straight to Am Ex. There is no way what they said about being unable to cancel the order is true.