Menu

Math-U-See...is it enough?

Melinda

except that you may need to make sure to drill math facts more separately. There is not a ton of drill so I used flashcards and online drill (there is one at the MUS site) to make sure that they knew them and could get faster.

I like the idea of using the CWP book though.

That's a tough question for me. We are half-way through Delta right now and I supplement with Singapore's CWP once a week mainly because I like the challenging word problems and I think it gives my ds good practice in how to go about solving a real world problem.

After Delta, I plan to supplement Epsilon with LOF-fractions, mostly because we just think it is a cool book and want to do it! :D

So is MUS enough? I wouldn't know because I supplement. But I don't supplement because I don't think it is enough...I do it because there are so many fun math programs out there and I want to incorporate them when possible. Does that make any sense? :tongue_smilie:

So far we've done Gamma, Delta and Epsilon with no supplementation. DD12 has a great grasp of the concepts and has said, this year, that fractions are her favorite math, to-date.

This summer we were introduced to Life of Fred, so I ordered Fractions as a follow-up. She did awesome. I'd say it took her about 8 or 9 weeks to do the whole book, and she enjoyed it a great deal. This is the first time we've ever added anything to the MUS program, and I only did that because LOF was so much fun for her, not because MUS needed supplementing.

Ava