Menu

I'm going to have K, 6th and 9th next school year, need suggestions

mamakelly

I don't know how I missed this, (could be the crazyness of 4 kids), but I'm going to be homeschooling 1 kid in elementary (K), 1 in middle school(6th) and 1 in high school(9th) in September! Oh my gosh, how on earth am I going to do this? I can't think of even 1 subject that I'm going to be able to combine for them. Someone hold my hand, LOL! Anyone done this kind of an age gap before? Is there anything I can do to make things a little easier for me?

I'll have a K, a 5th, and a 9th, but also a 3rd and 8th to go with them.

Don't combine those ages. It's more work than it's worth. The most I'd do is keep the older two on the same year of history and science (like both in ancients and studying physics), with their own personalized curricula. That way field trips, movies, and other related family activities will be applicable to both.

Make or buy a planner for each kid, and don't try to squish them into each other's schedules.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Hmmm interesting idea to combine their topics, but not curriculums. 9th grader will likely be doing Biology and or World History. It would be nice for the 2 olders to at least be studying similar topics.

I usually do a weekly calendar for them with all their assignments clearly laid out, but I was thinking about how I could incorporate a planner for my 9th grader to keep track of things himself.