Menu

Logic/Critical Thinking For a 7 Year Old

MidnightHM

Our front door has 2 knobs. You have to turn both to get inside. (We haven't lived here long and that's one of the things I want to fix. Getting groceries inside is almost painful.) The other day my oldest daughter had a baby doll in her hand so she couldn't turn them both. I was sitting on porch watching and it took her AT LEAST 3 or 4 minutes to stop turning one knob at a time and put the doll down and open the door.

SO, long story short. I'm looking for Logic/Critical Thinking problems or a curriculum for my 7 year old Daughter. Her reading is a little below "normal" and I would like them to be as independent as possible. I am a widow with 3 little ones so cheap is good an free is better.

Honestly, I don't think a logic curriculum will solve the problem. My oldest (who does great with logic puzzles and difficult math problems) does the exact same thing. Well, he's getting better. This year, he has started to figure out to put things down to open a door, but last year at age 7? He would be in tears, saying he couldn't open the door. I think it's probably normal for the age, and a logic curriculum won't fix it.

Honestly, I don't think a logic curriculum will solve the problem. My oldest (who does great with logic puzzles and difficult math problems) does the exact same thing. Well, he's getting better. This year, he has started to figure out to put things down to open a door, but last year at age 7? He would be in tears, saying he couldn't open the door. I think it's probably normal for the age, and a logic curriculum won't fix it.

I'm glad she's not the only one.