Menu

tell Miss Congeniality and I what to make for breakfast...

ZeeMommy

We eat scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, turkey spam, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, oatmeal, omlets/eggs with stuff, fried rice, sometimes cold cereal for breakfast. We need some new ideas! What do you eat for breakfast at your home?

:lurk5: Miss Congeniality says we need this smiley too!

We've done yougurt, had fruit salad last week too. And french toast occasionally. They're still to small to fend for themselves, and I usually try to give them some kind of protein for breakfast. Then again, I could give them a 20 oz steak and they'd still be hungry an hour later!

I gave in to my general lazy feeling this morning and gave them the cookies we baked yesterday and milk.

Since you enjoy fried rice, you might like this one too. I had it for breakfast very often when I was an exchange student in Indonesia.

Eggs and Rice: Add a bit of water to an egg and mix it up. Heat some oil in a pan and put in a bit of minced garlic. Then pour in the egg mixture. Cook it like an omelet, not scrambled eggs. You want a nice flat pancake that you can flip. I like it to get crispy. After cooking on both sides, carefully put the egg on a mound of rice and top with soy sauce or kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce).

It's very quick when you have leftover rice.