Menu

What should I buy for mct island level?

I just buy the teacher's manuals for everything, although I think that they have made that more difficult for the new CE1. But if you are starting with Island, then teacher's manuals are fine. There are answers in the book, so we just use a paper to cover them and then talk about the sentences.

I just buy the teacher's manuals for everything, although I think that they have made that more difficult for the new CE1. But if you are starting with Island, then teacher's manuals are fine. There are answers in the book, so we just use a paper to cover them and then talk about the sentences.

You can definitely get away with the teacher's manuals for everything in Island level, although you'll need a student copy of Practice Island. (It's a consumable workbook.) It's actually quite nice to work from one book, because it becomes a snuggle-up-and-read grammar time.

That said, it does depend on your kid's style of learning. My dd adores words and MCT has become her Most Favourite Program Ever. She is annoyed with the teacher's manuals -- she wants her own books where she can read without me covering up parts with sticky notes. So for this child, I'm planning on buying her the student books as well from now on.

To begin, I'd start with Grammar Island (teacher manual only unless you have a student like mine!) and Practice Island (teacher and student).