Menu

looking for church history for grammar stage (year 2)

countrygal

I am planning already for next year. I will have a ds in 2nd grade next year and going into the 2nd year of the WTM/classical cycle for the grammar stage. I was hoping to use SOTW 2 and incorporate some church history. Has anyone done this without buying a curriculum?

Any recommendations for books or a list of people to study during that time era?

Are there book recommendations in the SOTW activity guide that include any prominent people involved in church history? (I haven't bought it yet - just wondering if I need it to assist in planning already.)

(I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to!)

Thanks so much in advance. :)

Ambleside Online uses the book Trial and Triumph: Stories from Church History by Richard Hannula for church history in years 1-6. Their schedules have readings that correspond with that year's history period, so you could check out their website for help in scheduling. I haven't read this book myself, we're Catholic so we use other resources for church history.

HTH!