Menu

If someone is stuck on "grade level" and testing...

amo_mea_filiis.

Guest inoubliable

He's been here a few months already and doesn't seem to have an interest in the actual doing part.

You're making this MUCH bigger than it needs to be. Therapist isn't working out. You're getting lectures, your child isn't getting therapy. Really, what's the confusion here? Dump him, get a new one, move on. Best of luck.

Why not just tell him that DS is demonstrating satisfactory academic progress in non-academic settings, but not satisfactory response to structured academic settings? I don't think "Grade level" is truly an issue for your DS-and for a kid with an IEP, "satisfactory academic progress" does not necessarily equal grade level anyway.

Sometimes, spewing ed-speak is what it takes to get a "professional" back acting like a professional.

Are behavior therapists supposed to have ideas up their sleeve? Beyond telling me to be consistent and set a consequence?

I felt that way when DD's school OT told me to talk to our dentist about DD's daytime teeth-grinding. It's a sensory issue- you're the OT, you are supposed to be giving me ideas on dealing with it. The dentist could make a mouthguard for night-time grinding/clenching, but DD doesn't do it at night as far as we can tell.